For over a century, Bag Balm® has been a fixture around farms.
It all started in 1899, after John L. Norris bought the formula for Bag Balm from its original creator in the little town of Wells River, Vermont. The salve was created to soften cow udders, and it worked extremely well.
The little green can stood out from the rest.
Bag Balm’s “packaging” (practically an unheard-of marketing term in those days) would prove to stand the test of time with as much distinction as the product itself. Mr. Norris traveled from Lyndonville, Vermont to Boston to design the original can. Its distinctive, dominant green color accented by red lettering and red clover surrounding a cow’s head on the top of the lid has remained virtually unchanged for over 100 years.
For chapped conditions, and superficial abrasions, Bag Balm remains a staple in any country cupboard. The salve contains lanolin and stays on to provide moisturizing and softening. For pets, apply liberally to the affected areas.